TACSEI State Work and Resources
Purpose of the TACSEI States
The goal of the State/TACSEI Partnership is to plan, implement and sustain a professional development system to enhance the knowledge and skills of the early childhood work force in meeting the social emotional needs of young children, particularly those with or at risk for delays or disabilities in inclusive and natural environments.
To meet this goal, the specific objective of the state/TACSEI Partnership is to build state capacity to foster professional development of the early care and education workforce that:
- enhances knowledge and skills
- supports the implementation and sustainability of evidence-based practices
- increases the size of the workforce skilled in supporting the social-emotional development of young children (birth–5 years) in inclusive, natural environments
Audio and Video Presentations
- Ready, Set, Whoa: Planning Tools for Implementation (March, 2009)
- Effective Collaborative Leadership and Teaming Strategies (September, 2008)
- The CSEFEL and State Implementation Partnerships (September, 2008)
- Implementing the Pyramid Model State-Wide: State Benchmarks of Quality
- State Planning Page on the CSEFEL Website
- Pyramid Model State Planning Tool Kit
This tool kit provides collaborative teams tools for running effective meetings: ground rules and logistics, templates for meeting agendas, meeting summaries, meeting evaluations, and action plans; samples and examples from other states including samples of strategies for selecting trainers, coaches, and demonstration sites and planning for sustainability.
- Evidence-based Competencies for Promoting Social and Emotional Development and Addressing Challenging Behavior in Early Care and Education Settings
Many of these tools are also available on the State Planning page on the CSEFEL website.