Webinar Recording and Materials
Implementing and Sustaining Effective Programs and Services that Promote Good Social, Emotional & Behavioral Outcomes for Young Children with Special Needs: Part 1 of 2
Karen Blase, Barbara Smith and Roxane Kaufmann
This TACSEI webinar is the first of two related webinars focused on state and program level implementation and sustainability of evidence-based practices. The TACSEI mission and the Pyramid Model are briefly reviewed. The primary focus is on how to develop the right infrastructure for implementing evidence-based practices to fidelity and sustaining an effective approach over time. (January, 2009)
Supporting Materials and Activities
- Information about and Recording of Part 2 (held in May 2009)
- Presentation Slides
- Webinar Transcript
- Review the TACSEI and CSEFEL websites
- Review the Pyramid Model framework materials on both web sites and particularly the short voice over power point presentation on the TACSEI site
- Review a policy brief about the OSEP outcomes and social emotional competence
- Review two voice over power point presentations on implementation and sustainability on the CSEFEL website [Presentation 1] [Presentation 2]
- Fixsen, D.L., Naoom, S.F., Blase, K.A., & Wallace, F. (2007). Implementation: The Missing Link Between Research and Practice, The APSAC Advisor, (19), No. 1 & 2, Winter/Spring, pp 4 - 11, American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children.
- Fixsen, D. L., Naoom, S. F., Blase, K. A., Friedman, R. M., & Wallace, F. (2005). Implementation Research: A Synthesis of the Literature. Tampa, FL: Florida Mental Health Institute, The National Implementation Research Network (FMHI Publication #231). Can be downloaded for free at
- Heifetz, R. & Laurie, D. (1998) The Work of Leadership. Harvard Business Review, 1998.
- Wallace, F., Blase, K.A., Fixsen, D.L., Naoom, S. (2008). Implementing the Findings of Research: Bridging the Gap Between Knowledge and Practice. Educational Research Service.